Performance and maintenance of bio-based building materials influencing the life cycle and LCA: First Announcement and Call for Abstract
1st Conference: Performance and maintenance of bio-based building materials influencing the life cycle and LCA
Kranjska Gora, Slovenia, 23 – 24 October 2014
Maintaining and expanding the market potential for bio-based construction materials is a key activity for European industries, but this is hampered by limited performance data and comprehensive test methodologies to determine mould, stain, and decay resistance. Greater knowledge is needed for decay hazards and response on climate loads to better define performance of bio-based building materials.
This conference will provide a platform for networking and scientific exchange between different disciplines. Key factors to be considered include consumer demands, performance and service life prediction, aesthetical aspects and functionality. A coordinated approach to understanding these organic building products will improve the long term implementation of bio-based building materials, contributing to the pan-European low carbon building agenda.
WG 1 – Material capability and enhancement
- Aesthetical aspects related to rot, staining and mould fungi
- Contributing factors related to deterioration
- Gene expression techniques
- Protective measures (physical, chemical, biological and organizational protection). Remediation strategies.
WG 2 - Functionality and performance
- Assessing and developing service life models
- Performance modelling as a tool to predict reliability
- Model houses and objects in Europe: design, monitoring, results, experiences, etc.
- Case studies
WG 3 - Adaptation and application
- Life cycle methodologies for bio-based products in service
- Guidance in development of Environmental Product Declarations and CE markings
- Review environmental effects from material and volatile release
- Increase opportunities for bio-based building materials
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: Dennis Jones (Action Chair); Christian Brischke (Deputy-Chair), Lina Nunes (WG1 Leader), Stig Bardage (WG1 Deputy Leader), Sabrina Palanti (WG2 Leader), Miha Humar (WG2 Deputy leader), Andreja Kutnar (WG3 Leader), Ed Suttie (WG3 Deputy leader), Carmen-Mihaela Popescu
The conference will be organized by University of Primorska, Andrej Marušič Institute and University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Department of Wood Science and Technology.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
An extended abstract (1-2 pages) relevant to the topics of the conference should be submitted by email to the Local Organizer (email@example.com) no later than 1st of June, 2014. Abstracts must be written according to the template given on the action website. The abstracts will be published in the ”book of abstracts” and will be ready for distribution on the first day of the conference.
- June 1, 2014 Abstract submission
- July 10, 2014 Information of acceptance of papers/posters
- Oct. 1, 2014 Registration deadline
- Oct. 23-24, 2014 The International Cost Action Conference
Miha Humar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andreja Kutnar, email@example.com
Read also more detailed informations about the conference.